The omnipresence of information technology (IT) across an organization creates a scenario where an organization’s success depends on IT success. Consequently, if IT is fragile then so is the organization and its business. Very often we hear about failed IT projects, major cyber incidents, and rising costs of IT. Other times we hear about outsourcing issues, difficulties complying with regulations or repeated audit
findings. Common among these issues is that someone, somewhere, left something to chance. This course gives participants the knowledge to manage IT processes in a robust manner, to seek out hidden problems and to prevent these problems from erupting at the most unexpected
moment. This course provides participants the insight required to strengthen IT, which in turn strengthens the organization.
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for anyone who is managing an IT team or who is responsible to establish IT processes within an organization. This includes, but is not limited to, Chief Technology Officers, IT department or team managers, Auditors, Risk Managers, Compliance Officers and
any other professionals involved in defining or leading IT functions, processes and capabilities within an organization.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify IT management processes required by their organization and align these to business objectives
- Apply best practices for defining common IT processes
- Apply management system components to build or improve an IT management process
- Conduct gap analysis on IT process maturity to identify areas that need to be improved
- Perform risk assessments on IT management processes and implement controls to ensure IT management processes achieve the required objectives